Near is looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the application's visual elements. You will work with the Near Design team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and works.
You will be part of one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies – an excellent opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for users and customers.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Support back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and skills.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, Design, Fine Arts, or related field.
- 5+ Years of total experience; should have worked with Angular for more than two years.
- Expertise in designing and developing customer-facing web applications at scale.
- Basic knowledge of image editing tools to crop, resize, or perform minor adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Knowledge about Highchart and Mapbox will be a plus.
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organization skills with an eye for detail.