This role provides an opportunity to be a part of the Near Places team to work on cutting-edge tools and spatial data models. As a GIS intern, you will have an opportunity to work on various spatial data formats, tiling systems such as Geohashes, H3 Geospatial Indexing System. Great opportunity to work on/explore various GIS data models to analyse the People and Places data.
- Automate the Places data harvesting - geocoding/reverse geocoding.
- Creating PlaceMatrix (Building footprint) polygons for different countries.
- Check for any geometric errors and update.
- Create spatial tiles (Geohashes/H3/S2 Cells) for the PlaceMatrix/polygons.
- Geoprocessing of Near POIs data and PlaceMatrix created.
- Enhance the location data with the non-spatial data.
Requirements & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of GIS concepts, QGIS & Geocoding/Reverse geocoding.
- Preferably from Computer Science/Programming background with experience in python.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- B.Tech/B.E in GIS.